Approximately 1.5 kilometres north from Ahlatlibel, Yalincak is located on the side of a slope. The "Ankara Stone" with its relief of a lion was found here and was introduced to the scientific world in 1880. The relief was used on the village fountain and in 1941 was taken to the Ankara Anatolia Civilisations Museum. The growth of the Yalincak village since the 1930s has seen many of the archaeological remains damaged. However, with the assistance of the then Dean of M.E.T.U., Professor Kemal Kurdas, many of the remains were salvaged. During 1962 and 1964, experts from the university and Ankara Anatolia Civilisations Museum worked together on the excavations.
Since the late Phrgyian era of 600 B.C., Yalincak has been continuously settled. The Roman Age Galatian settlement has provided important information to Anatolian archaeology. Yalincak's history can be best observed from its remains, such as vessels, pottery, medals, coins and stamps used to make impressions on objects.
Dwellings were rectangular in shape, adjoining one another and built into a hill slope. They contained 2 to 3 rooms. Due to houses being on a slope, the thresholds were entered by walking down a few steps. In the walls, doorways,rooms and furnishings one can find marble pieces used in the architecture of previous periods. The buildings were erected dring the Byzantine Era and from the findings it is suggested that peolpe lived here well into the Ottaman Era.
At the top of the hill slope and to the west of the houses, large blocks of stone weave around the area creating a protective wall. In the Yalincak fortress, a statue of Kybele, clay horse statues and a marble Zeus relief were found, which indicate that these structures were functional well into the late Roman Era.
In the tower stucture, a second smaller room has yielded two top pieces of Ionian columns as well as, a key with the bottom part made of iron and the top part of bronze with the head of a ram adorning it. In a large building, with a courtyard and two rows of columns, six column pedestals have been found.
In the excavations of Yalincak, the cemetery has been located just behind the village's large fountain. The sarcophagi of eight people have been discovered and two glass braclets, known to be burial gifts, were found in the graves.