Suhag lies 470 km from Cairo.
ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT HISTORICAL SITES
- Situated on the West Bank of the Nile, 12 km southeast of Al-Ballyana, it was the chief center for worshipping the god Osiris.
- It is famous for its cemeteries and tombs discovered in 1895, attributed to the kings of the first two dynasties.
OTHER IMPORTANT MONUMENTS
HOW TO REACH SUHAG
For information and reservation call. 908635.
- By daily airconditioned trains, scheduled at regular hours.
- By private vehicles, taxis and tourist buses.
- The Upper Egypt Bus Company organizes excursions to Suhag.